BEAUTY NEWS: MECCA BEAUTY ELECTION 2018
Hey beauty lovers,
it’s that time of the year where we get to have our say in which beauty products will be crowned best in their category. Yes, I am talking about the 2018 Mecca Beauty Election.
In this Beauty Election, each finalist has the opportunity to represent itself in a line up of other beauties and prove it is worthy of the “Miss Mecca” title.
This year there are six nominees per category and the categories are best: foundation, mascara, cleanser, moisturiser, eyeshadow, concealer, brow, lip colour, highlighter, fragrance, mask, and hair.
The nominees have been selected by a panel of Mecca Experts, who took into consideration things like, best-sellers, most innovative, and most beloved. The nominees were then presented to the true-experts, the Mecca Staff who ensured that the nominees have what it takes to compete in the Mecca Election.
This list of nominees is actually a great place for anyone who is looking for new products to try as they are all deserving, and have proved that they are crown-worthy.
Cast your beauty ballot online via the Mecca Website, which will also give you the chance to win one of these amazing prizes:
· 3 x grand prizes – a mega makeup haul with the 12 MECCA Beauty Election 2018 finalists, plus an exclusive experience at MECCA. This includes makeovers and gift cards for the winner and three friends
· 6 x runner-up prizes – a $500 MECCA gift card
Voting closes on Tuesday, 3 July 2018 and winners will be announced the next day on Wednesday, 4 July 2018.
The Mecca Beauty Election has been running for over 10 years now, and it’s great to see which beauties continue to appear year after year. It certainly is the case with some of last years winners. I’ll list them below in case you missed them and are curious to know.
Winners of Mecca Beauty Election 2017
· Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
· *Palette: Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette
· Lip: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick
· *Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
· Complexion: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder
· *Cleanser: Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Cleanser
· *Moisturiser: Dr. Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Moisture Cushion
· *Mask: Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
· Fragrance: Byredo Gypsy Water EDP
· Trove: African Botanics Pure Marula Cleansing Oil
* These products are also nominees in the 2018 Beauty Election
I’ve already cast my own vote and can’t wait to see who this year's winners will be!